Monday, February 14, 2011

WEEKLY UPDATE FROM TEGAN...

Hi Everyone!

Wow week two...what a crazy week. I found this one a lot easier to cope with...I think I’m starting to get used to it.
Monday morning I had cardio which we are going to have every Monday morning. It’s basically a circuit that we do for 90mins. We are starting with a minute at each station and are aiming to be up to 2.5mins for term two. It was a fairly easy lesson because all we did was go through each exercise as a class so we knew what to do. Next week is when it’ll be hard and I’m sort of dreading it.
We then had acting which was fun...We played acting games and exercises to start with. We then got in a circle and did improvisation exercises individually in the middle. We were basically given an activity that we had to act out with no dialogue or props.
I finished the day with jazz and ballet. Every Monday we have William for our Jazz lesson and he’s simply amazing. Such a great choreographer, teacher and so is inspiring. His classes definitely aren’t easy though.

Tuesday I had warm-up in the morning followed by History of Musical Theatre. After lunch I had Hip Hop which is becoming my favourite class of the week, which is funny cause it’s never been one of my favourite styles. My Hip Hop teacher is just so amazing and it’s just such a fun and active class. It’s non stop but afterwards I really feel like I’ve had a great work out and we get so much of a routine learnt in one lesson
I finished the day with Musical Theatre. This is when I met my Musical Theatre teacher for the year for the first time. She’s so lovely and is from the USA. She likes us to wear all black to her lessons and our hair and make-up to be done. We learnt a fun Musical Theatre piece.

Wednesday I started with Yoga which isn’t my favourite. But I feel really relaxed and stretched afterwards. That was then followed by singing with the Vocal Majors. We learnt a song which we needed to know by the next day for our auditions for Rep.
After lunch I had drama. I really like Wednesday drama lessons cause I feel like I learn so much and I’ve never done a lot of acting but I really love doing it and want to improve. My day finished with tap which was so fun. We started with two tap games and I won both so I was pretty happy and then we just did little routines.

Thursday we had warm-up again followed by Music Theory. I enjoyed this lesson because we are learning how to read music and our aim is to be able to look at a sheet of music and sight sing which I’m looking forward to be able to do.
We then had Rep for the rest of the afternoon but we had auditions for “A Chorus Line,” our rep showcase we are putting on at the end of term. The auditions were quite scary because they treated us exactly how we will be treated at auditions in the future. We then had a big talk at the end of the day about what we did right and wrong for an audition. For our singing audition we had to say our name, age and tell a joke before we sang. I don’t know if anyone remembers but I told the joke I told to the Performance Team just before we were about to go on stage for contemporary at Orange Eisteddfod... haha

Friday morning we had normal warm-up. I then had contemporary after this which is probably one of my least favourite classes at the moment. We haven’t had time to learn any routines yet so I’m sure my opinions of it will change soon.
After lunch we had acrobatics for the first time. This was fun. It’s recommended to have a few “tricks” up your sleeve for an audition just like it is for jokes. So I’m looking forward to seeing what I’ll be able to do at the end of the year.
I then finished my day off with Performance Coaching for the Vocal Majors. I sang for the first time in front of them all. It wasn’t as scary as I thought it would be because we’re all like a little family and everyone is very supportive. And at the end of the day I drove home to Orange for the weekend!

Hope everyone’s first week back at dancing was fun! And I hope everyone isn’t too sore...

Love always,
Teges

No comments: